Tuesday, September 04, 2007

October Treasures in the Mail

I found four new ARCs in the mail today, two of which are books coming out in October. More October treasures to be added to my closet!

The first is the latest Artie Cohen mystery by Reggie Nadelson, Fresh Kills. Artie is alone in Manhattan when his nephew appears, just released from the young offenders' institution. When bodies begin to appear, Artie doesn't know what or whom to believe.

Red Mandarin Dress is by Qiu Xiaolong. While Chief Inspector Chen Cao of the Shanghai Police Department is on vacation, bodies are found, dressed in red mandarin dresses. When the newspapers scream about Shanghai's first sexual serial killer, Chen finds himself in the middle of a politically sensitive case.

Have you discovered any treasures lately?

6 comments:

Kay said...

Vicky Delany has "In the Shadow of the Glacier" coming out in mid-October, her first police procedural. Love her books. Also, Donis Casey has another of her wonderful Alafair Tucker mysteries to be published also in mid-October. This one is entitled "The Drop Edge of Yonder". I can't wait for either of these! Treasures indeed!

Lesa said...

Kay, I'm also waiting for both of those! And, Donis Casey is going to be appearing at our library in October or November, so I'll finally get to meet her. You're right about treasures!

Kay said...

How great for you, Lesa. I just love her books. My mother's family is from Oklahoma and a lot of her situations and language remind me so much of my grandmother and her stories.

Lesa said...

I don't have the connection of Oklahoma, but I find the details of daily life just fascinating.

Vicki Delany said...

I will be in Arizona in November - at Poisoned Pen on November 9, and at Well Read Coyote on November 10th. It would be wonderful to meet anyone who reads this blog. Vicki

Lesa said...

I'm not sure I'll be able to make it, but Vicki is appearing at 7 pm on Nov. 9th at The Poisoned Pen to promote her new book, In the Shadow of the Glacier. It's the first in a new series set in Trafalgar, British Columbia. It's always nice to be in on the launch of a new series.