Sunday, January 06, 2008

Blog Anniversary

Today is the third anniversary of this blog. I posted the first entry on January 6, 2005, using the name, Nikki's World. Nikki is my husband, Jim's, cat. In 2005, she was young and curious, and interested in exploring everything.

I hope I've brought some of that same curiousity to the exploration of books in the last three years. Although I'm a big mystery fan, I've also reviewed childen's books, fantasies, women's fiction, history and biographies, with a few odds and ends thrown in.

Thank you to all of the readers who have read the blog, and cared enough to come back. Thank you to the authors who sent Notes to Readers, commented on the blog, sent books for prizes, and wrote all of the books I've reviewed over the past three years.

I'll do my best to make this an interesting blog that entices you back for more book reviews, more book contests, and more glimpses at authors.

On to the fourth year!

6 comments:

Joy said...

Happy Blogiversary, Lesa! I hope your fourth year is fabulous.

What an adorable kitten! :)

Lesa said...

Thank you, Joy, for the good wishes!

And, Nikki is just as adorable three years later. Jim calls that picture, "Even Sinatra Didn't Have Those Blue Eyes!"

Kay said...

Lesa, happy, happy anniversary to you! I have so enjoyed your blog and will continue to as long as you want to write it.

Precious kitten, by the way!

Lesa said...

Thank you for both comments, Kay!

I knew that picture of Nikki would steal my thunder, but since the original blog was named after her, I had to include it.

Les said...

Congrats on your Blog Anniversary. I'm coming up on my 2nd and I can't imagine life without it! I've met some wonderful bloggers and love the ease of keeping track of the books I read. Here's to many, many more years!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Les! I've really enjoyed it over the last few years. You're right. It's fun, and I enjoy the readers and authors I've "met."

To both of us! Many more years of blogging! And, most of all, many more good books.