Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Dilys Award Nominees

Congratulations to this year's nominees for the Dilys Award, sponsored by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association, recognizing the book that member bookstores most enjoyed handselling.

Nominees are: Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bowen
Thunder Bay by William Kent Krueger
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn
The Blade Itself by Marcus Sakey

The winner will be announced at Left Coast Crime in Denver, March 6-9.

I'm particularly pleased because Rhys Bowen will be appearing at the Velma Teague Library in Glendale, AZ on Sunday, Feb. 10 at 2 p.m.

7 comments:

Joy said...

Oh, that's interesting. This year, I plan on reading the first in the series of Molly Murphy by Rhys Bowen. :)

Lesa said...

I haven't read the Molly Murphy books yet. I've read the Evan Evans series, and enjoyed Her Royal Spyness.

You'll have to post your comments about the Molly Murphy series, Joy.

Kay said...

What a great list of books. The only one I'm not familiar with is THE BLAD ITSELF. I loved SILENT IN THE GRAVE. However, I have recommended HER ROYAL SPYNESS to several people in the library. I also enjoy William Kent Krueger's books but need to catch up on them. I also have THE SPELLMAN FILES somewher here to read. Good luck to all of them!

Lesa said...

Isn't a great list, Kay? I can see why the booksellers picked it. Silent in the Grave was one of my favorite in the year. To be honest, The Blade is a little too dark for me. But, it's a terrific list.

readingissomuchfun said...

This is interesting :-) Haven't heard of these authors or books before. Will check them out cute cover for Her Royal Spyness. Love the titles.

Hugssss
LindaH

Lesa said...

Three of them are new authors, Linda. It's a good list, with solid, enjoyable reads. So, you have new authors to check out. Enjoy!

readingissomuchfun said...

Oh wonderful :-) Thanks Lesa. I am going to look them up now :)

Hugssss
LindaH