Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Left Coast Crime

Congratulations to the nominees of awards to be presented at Left Coast Crime in Denver, in March.

The Lefty - Most humorous mystery published in 2007

The Penguin Who Knew Too Much by Donna Andrews
Stuff to Die For by Don Bruns
Some Like It Hot-Buttered by Jeff Cohen
Knee High by the Fourth of July by Jess Lourey
Murder with Reservations by Elaine Viets

The Rocky - Best Mystery set in the Left Coast Crime geographical region in 2007

Free Fire by C.J. Box
Lost Dog by Bill Cameron
The Girl with Braided Hair by Margaret Coel
Stealing the Dragon by Tim Maleeny
False Fortune by Twist Phelan

The Arty - Best Cover Art On a Mystery Novel

Queenpin by Megan Abbott
Isabella Moon by Laura Benedict
Her Royal Spyness by Rhys Bown
Silent Counsel by Ken Issacson
Stealing the Dragon by Tim Maleeny

I wish all of the nominees good luck. I've only read a few of the books. Jeff Cohen's Some Like It Hot-Buttered was a fun debut of a new series. Margaret Coel's The Girl with Braided Hair was up to her usual high standards, a fascinating book. We're lucky enough to have Rhys Bowen appearing at our library on Saturday, Feb. 10 at 2 pm. And, what can I say about Tim Maleeny? (grin)

5 comments:

Kay said...

Lesa, you and your boyfriends!!!

Lesa said...

Just couldn't resist, Kay! (smile)

Jess Lourey said...

I can't promise to kiss you like Tim Maleeney (who can?) but I'd be happy to send you two signed copies of Lefty-nominated Knee High by the Fourth of July, Lesa--one to read, and one to give away to your readers. :)

Jess Lourey
jesslourey@yahoo.com

Lesa said...

Thanks, Jess!

I'm going to email you my mailing address. That would be great! Thank you.

And, I don't know what to say about the other comment. (smile)

Lesa said...

Jess -

I forgot to say, Congratulations on the Lefty nomination! It can't be easy to write humorous mysteries. I wish all of the nominees good luck with their books!