Thursday, January 10, 2008

Winners and New Contest for Humorous Mysteries

I've had questions from contestants, so I just wanted to mention one of the facts about the book contests. You can enter to win both books. Some people thought they had to pick which book they wanted. If you send two separate entries, one for each book, you have two chances to win. And, just a reminder. I need your name and mailing address when you enter. Don't worry. I delete them all after the contests are over.

Congratulations to the winners of the Donis Casey books. Annette T. from Albion, IL won the autographed ARC of Hornswoggled, and Sara S. of Los Angeles, CA won the autographed copy of The Drop Edge of Yonder. The books will go in the mail tomorrow.

This week, I'm offering two humorous mysteries. One is the award-winning crime caper, 47 Rules of Highly Effective Bank Robbers, autographed by Troy Cook. This fun novel was nominated for a Lefty Award last year, as best humorous novel. The second mystery offering this week is one of this year's Lefty Award nominees, Some Like It Hot-Buttered by Jeffrey Cohen. The paperback tells of Elliott Freed's attempt to save his movie theater after a murder.

Would you like an autographed copy of 47 Rules of Highly Effective Bank Robbers, or a copy of Some Like It Hot-Buttered? If you'd like to win one of these books, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win...whichever title you want. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, January 17 at 6 pm MT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail the next morning. Good luck!

9 comments:

Patricia said...

I haven't entered your contest for several weeks although I enjoy reading about what you are giving away. I've been lucky enough to have is read the ones you've offerred the last two weeks. Jeff Cohen and Troy Cook are both great authors and I've enjoyed the books you are giving away. I am sure whoever wins will enjoy them too.

I read your comments on Dorothy L. regarding mail to Canada. I do send some books to one lady in Canada and it is a hassle. Not only is the postage high but you have to fill out a form and stand in line to be waited on at the window. It is a shame that it is such a problem but it is.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Patricia! I'm glad you enjoyed Jeff Cohen and Troy Cook's book. I haven't read Jess Lourey's Knee-High By the Fourth of July, but I certainly am looking forward to reading another Lefty nominee.

Thanks for the comment about sending books to Canada. The next time I announce the contests on DL, I'll try to remember to mention U.S. only.

readingissomuchfun said...

Hi Lesa,

I just sent an email for the book I would love to win. I am new here and just found your blog. Looks great I will have to visit more often. I just added you to my favorite's and will now link you to my blog :-) Great giveaway.

Hugssss
LindaH

Lesa said...

Thanks, Linda!

Glad you like my blog! Thank you for visiting, and linking. I hope you return often.

Thank you!

readingissomuchfun said...

You're welcome Lesa. I will be happy to come back more often :-)

Hugssss
LindaH

windycindy said...

Hello Lesa! Hope all is well. I could use a good laugh or two. Both of these books sound great to me! Please put my name in the drawing hat. I always appreciate your contests! Cindi
jchopppes[at]hotmail[dot]com

Lesa said...

You're in, Cindi.

Thanks for reading the blog, and entering the contests.

Reeva said...

just want to say, great blog i've followed instructions and entered to win a book. - keep up the good work!! :)

Lesa said...

Thank you, Reeva! I'm glad you found the blog. I'll keep trying. And, there will be a new contest running, starting tonight around 6:30 or 7 pm MT (by 9 pm ET). Good luck!