Monday, February 25, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I was tagged for a MEME by Lorraine Bartlett over at Dazed and Confused. (Oh, and yes, Lorraine, of course I like you!)

The rules:
1. Link to your tagger and post these rules.
2. Share 5 facts about yourself.
3. Tag 5 people at the end of your post and list their names (linking to them).
4. Let them know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blogs.

I don't usually do this, but it never hurts to promote five more blogs, so here it goes.

FIVE FACTS ABOUT ME! (IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!)

1. I met and married my husband, Jim, at the Huron Public Library. We were formally introduced by my children's librarian, and a couple years later, we married
in the library's meeting room. My staff tied paperbacks books to the bumper of the car.

2. My college roommate, Jamie Shaheen, is a singer and entertainer. She's performed in Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, and Alaska. She sings in lounges, piano bars, children's shows, weddings, and has worked for the Disney Corporation as a singer/piano player. She has a CD, and she flew to Florida twice to do children's shows for our reading festival when I was there. Here's her website, www.jamieshaheen.com. I am so proud of her.

3. I have been a Johnny Cash fan since I was thirteen. I saw him three times in concert, and I still think there was no one to compare to him.

4. What do I have in common with my mother and sisters, besides blood? My mother was class valedictorian. I was valedictorian, Linda was salutatorian, and Christie was valedictorian. Linda graduated number one from her college class.

In addition, my mother started working in a high school library when I was in junior high. I started working as a page at the Huron Public Library when I was sixteen. Linda took my job when I graduated, and Christie took hers when she graduated. Just as Christie was leaving for college, I went back to Huron as Library Director.

I think it's because we all like to read.

5. Jim and I have four cats that we love.
Stormy Roy Ann Weatherly is twelve.
Dickens is eight.
Annika Nicole (Nikki) is three.
And Josh, our new kitten, is seven months old.


TAGGED - YOU'RE IT:

Like Lorraine, I'm going to cheat. I'm not going to tell people I've tagged because not everyone wants to do this, or has time. In fact, the authors and bookstore bloggers probably don't have the time to waste to answer the questions. But I do encourage you to check out their blogs.

1. Julie Hyzy and her Blog - Because I'm reading Julie's latest book, State of the Onion, a fun mystery that I'm recommending to family and friends.

2. WebbsBlog - Because the other fascinating mystery I'm reading is Desert Cut, Betty Webb's new book.

3. Louise Penny - Because Louise Penny's blog is just as beautiful as her Armand Gamache mysteries.

4. My Random Acts of Reading - Because I love Kay's quotations, her book reviews, and her love of her library.

5. Poisoned Fiction Review - Poisoned Pen Bookstore's new blog. Since this is the local independent bookstore that I support, I wanted to let readers know about this terrific bookstore.

I hope you check them out. And, thanks, Lorraine!

9 comments:

Kay said...

Thanks so much for the compliment, Lesa! I loved your facts and will enjoy checking out the other blogs that you listed (already know about Louise Penny's blog and, yes, it is gorgeous as is her website).

Lesa said...

Well-deserved compliment, Kay. You have a great blog. I enjoy reading it because you put so much into it.

Lorraine_Bartlett said...

Ah, you found it! I so enjoyed reading yours--and your cats are gorgeous!

Naked Authors said...

Hi Lesa,

Love your blog...anyone who loves the man in Black, Johnny Cash can't do wrong
Cara
www.carblack.com

Lesa said...

Found it Lorraine! I should have done one fact, and listed my four gorgeous cats! It was fun to decide on the facts.

Cara, I love the Naked Authors blog. I link to it, and subscribe through bloglines. Thank you for the compliment!

Louise Penny Author said...

Dear Lesa,

I think you're beautiful too.
Thank you.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Louise!

And, congratulations on your Agatha nomination!

See you at the Poisoned Pen! I'm looking forward to it.

bibliochef said...

Ok, I love this tagging thing; it is introducing me to loads of new blogs. Hurrah. And I am a fan of Julie Hygy's blog too; State of the Onion was fun,

Bibliochef
Cooking with Ideas (http://www.cookingwithideas.typepad.com )

Lesa said...

I love the tagging thing, too. I just don't want to do it TOO often and run out of ideas or people to tag.

I'm off to check out your blog now, Bibliochef!