Thursday, March 27, 2008

Winners and Louise Penny contest

Congratulations to the winners of the Shanghai contest. Robert B. of Columbia, MO won Red Mandarin Dress by Qiu Xiaolong, and Joyce K. from LaSalle, IL won the autographed copy of The Shanghai Tunnel. The books will go in the mail tomorrow.

And, Sharon L. from West Monroe, LA was visitor number 40,000 to the blog, so I'll be contacting Sharon to allow her to pick a book.

When I met Louise Penny at the Poisoned Pen, I bought paperback copies of her earlier books and had them autographed. If you haven't started the award-winning Still Life, the first in the Three Pines mystery series, now is your chance to win a copy. That book introduces Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, and the wonderful Quebec village of Three Pines.

Or you could win A Fatal Grace , the second book that sends Gamache back to Three Pines for a bitter winter.

Would you like to win Still Life or A Fatal Grace? If you'd like to enter for both books, please send two emails. Email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win Still Life or A Fatal Grace. Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, April 3 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail the next morning. Good luck!

12 comments:

Kay said...

Everyone should get in on this contest. Louise Penny is wonderful and her books are just great. She talked with my mystery book group at the library this evening for 45 minutes and it was just great. She was gracious and patient with all our questions. All the ladies that attended were so impressed with her and were quizzing me as to when the library would get her new book, THE CRUELEST MONTH.

Lesa said...

Kay,

Even though I heard Louise Penny, I'm still envious that she spoke to your book group for 45 minutes. Isn't she terrific?

pcbdolphins said...

I would love to win either of her books

Lesa said...

Good luck, pcbdolphins!

Lesa

toetag said...

I just found this site today, wonderful. I tried to send a comment and somehow lost it so I apologize if this is a duplicate. I entered to win both of Louis Penny's books. I've not read any of her work but now have my interest piqued.

Lesa said...

Thank you, "toetag"! This comment came through just fine. Thanks for entering the contests. I hope you continue to come back to the blog. If you like traditional village mysteries, you'll like Louise Penny's books.

Kay said...

She absolutely is terrific. I had so much fun listening to her. I'll try to do a blog entry about the conversation soon. I have to work tomorrow but look for it in the next couple of days. I can't wait for her next book!

Lesa said...

I'll be watching for your blog, Kay! I was glad to see you'd recovered and was able to be there for the book club. I'm sure it's good to be back to work after being sick.

GALENA said...

AM ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BOOK TO READ AN AUTHOR TO FOLLOW SO I WOULD LOVE TO WIN.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Galena! Please send your mailing address to me at lholstine@yahoo.com in order to be entered in teh contests. Thanks!

ELSIE said...

I am currently reading Fatal Grace - it's great. I would like to read Still Life. Thanks for this opportunity!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Elsie. I hope you sent your mailing address to me at lholstine@yahoo.com.

I LOVE Louise Penny & her books!