Monday, March 09, 2009

Guest Author - Linda Wisdom

It's a treat for me to bring you guest author, Linda Wisdom. I enjoyed her books, 50 Ways to Hex Your Lover, and Hex Appeal, with her witches and vampire characters in light romantic suspense novels. Who can resist the bunny slippers, Fluff and Puff? I have her new book, Wicked by Any Other Name, in my closet, and I'll be reading it shortly. It should be just as much fun as her other books. (And, if you read all the way to the end, you might be able to win a copy of the new book.)

So, thank you, Linda, for taking time to blog today. Tell us about Wicked by Any Other Name, please. It's all yours.
---------------------------------------------------------------------


Witchy BFFs 700 Years Later
By Linda Wisdom

There’s nothing more important than a best friend. She’s the one who’s there when times are good and even better, when times are bad. She’s the one handy with an alibi and a shovel.

I have a very good friend who tells people she stands by with bail money when I go to conferences. And people are never sure if it’s a joke, but if something happens, I know I can call her and she’ll be there.

Just think if your BFFs have been around for more than 700 years. That’s a lot of girlfriend time, even if you might not see each other for ten, forty, 200 years.

Stasi Romanov has friends like that. She even shares a building and home with one, fellow witch Blair. They’d been living off and on in Moonstone Lake since the Gold Rush era and this time around, thanks to lots of tourist traffic, Stasi owns a successful lingerie boutique that also carries romance novels. She even has bespelled sachets to inspire love and romance. Too bad that’s what gets her into trouble.

As in a human woman suing her for alienation of affection when a sachet doesn’t bring back the woman’s cheating husband (and could there be a reason why?), and Cupid isn’t happy that Stasi’s dabbling in his venue. After all, he’s the God of Eros! But Cupid has ways of getting even and when sexy wizard lawyer Trev Barnes shows up, the wizard is wearing red hearts over his head. The same red hearts Stasi now has. Cupid’s way of telling them they’re soul mates.

And now the lake that the witches seek each full moon has been harmed by an unknown magick and the town that’s embraced them since their witch pasts are revealed is turning on them. Stasi relives a dark past when she’s called witch. She was lucky during her time in Olde Salem throughout the Witch Trials because ironically, no one saw her as a witch, but this time is different and frightening.

So much is against Stasi as she sees so many upheavals with the coming of Samhain, a lunar eclipse that night and Mercury Retrograde. The people she considered friends now see her as a monster and she’s even fighting attraction for Trev who’s clearly attracted to her, hearts or no hearts.

That’s where BFFs come in. Stasi is the sweet witch, the one who wouldn’t hurt a fly. But with so much happening she’s ready to kick magick booty and it helps to have Blair and Jazz along for the ride. Trev is willing to back them up as does Jazz’s vampire lover, Nick and even Fluff and Puff want to do their part along with Horace, Stasi’s gargoyle who makes his home in the lingerie boutique.

Finding out what’s affecting the lake and then a major snowstorm that blocks the town from the outside world along with a power outage is a big job for anyone, even one witch. But that’s why she has her BFFs to help her out.

What about you? Do you have a BFF like that?

Linda

---------------------------------------------
Thank you, Linda. Now, I really can't wait to read Wicked by Any Other Name. And, if you like the sound of the book, Linda's publicist is offering one lucky winner a copy of the book. You must be a resident of the U.S. or Canada. And, since we're talking about witches, I'll run this contest through Friday the
13th. I'll announce the winner on Saturday, March 14.

If you'd like to win, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read Win "Wicked". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S. or Canada, please.

The contest will end Friday, March 13th at the witching hour of midnight. Jim will draw the winner on Saturday morning. I'll notify the winner, and Linda's publicist so she can send you the book. Good luck!


Wicked by Any Other Name by Linda Wisdom. Sourcebooks, Inc., copyright 2009. ISBN 9781402217739 (paperback), 376p.

17 comments:

Kay said...

Linda, thanks for guest blogging on Lesa's blog. I like the sound of your new book and will put it on my list to read. Lesa, as usual, thanks for introducing me to a new author! I'll pass it along.

Kelly said...

Wonderful post! Linda is an author I was unfamiliar with. I love a good fun witchy book. I'll add these books to my wishlist!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Kay. I find Linda's books fun, so I thought some of the blog readers might as well. I'm glad she took time to blog for us.

Lesa said...

Linda wrote a fun guest blog, didn't she, Kelly? She does write fun witchy books. I hope your wish comes through for her books!

Meljprincess said...

Hi Linda,
We "met" in the BBB blog. I would love to read "Wicked by Any Other Name" as I'm a witch and I'm wicked. *g* If you can find it, read a book called "Black Body" by HC Turk. It's the best book about witches I've ever read. But I haven't read your books yet so ya never know. *g*
My BFF is my tabby, Moose.

Mel K. =^.^=

Lesa said...

Thanks for commenting, Mel. I think Linda's going to stop by later, so she'll read the post.

Linda Wisdom said...

Hi all!

I'm usually over earlier in the day but I've been down with a chest cold over the weekend and slow getting going. But I will be back throughout the day.

Linda

Linda Wisdom said...

Hi Kay!

I love finding authors new to me, so I hope I turn into an automatic buy for you.

Linda

Linda Wisdom said...

Kelly,

My witches will give you a lot of laughes and maybe a few tears.

Linda

Linda Wisdom said...

Hi Meljprincess!

I'll look for that book, thanks!

My BFFs are actual witches and who knows what would happen if we got into too much trouble.

Linda

Sharon Lathan said...

Where would we females be without our BFFs? I have several. One is my sister who has literally known me since I was born. No secrets there!

Best of luck Linda! I'm routing for you. :)

Linda Wisdom said...

LOL Sharon on no secrets there!

And a good BFF is there no matter what. That's what counts.

Linda

Marie Force said...

I don't have a BFF like that, but Linda is one of my writing BFFs so she calls in the witches whenever I need a potion stirred up!

Linda Wisdom said...

That's what BFFs are for, Marie!

Linda

Meljprincess said...

You're welcome, Linda. Please let me know if you find the book.
I am a real witch also.

Mel K.
Meljprincess AT aol DOT com

Linda Wisdom said...

I will let you know, Meljprincess. Thanks for recommending it.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Canada Goose Jackets,m4ky11, Jordan 12 Playoffs,r7cp84, Canada Goose,l5qa01, Michael Kors For Sale,j7zg04,