Thursday, March 12, 2009

Winners and Paris in the Springtime Book Contest

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. The autographed copy of Jacqueline Winspear's Maisie Dobbs will go to Molly T. from Olathe, KS. Joanne S. from Poughkeepsie, NY will receive Plum Spooky by Janet Evanovich. The books will go out in the mail tomorrow.

I'll admit it isn't quite spring yet, but, by the time the winners receive these ARCs, it will be springtime. I have two mysteries set in Paris, so the winners can escape. Murder in the Latin Quarter is autographed by author Cara Black. It's the latest book in the Aimée Leduc Investigation series.

Or you could win an ARC of Murder on the Eiffel Tower by Claude Izner. This is the first book in the Victor Legris mystery series, introducing the young bookseller who is present at the new Eiffel Tower in 1889 when a young woman collapses and dies. He doesn't believe it was a bee sting that killed her, and is determined to find out what really happened.

So, if you can mentally escape to Paris in the springtime, would you pick a trip to the Eiffel Tower in 1889, or the Latin Quarter in 1997? If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either Win "Latin Quarter" or Win "The Eiffel Tower". Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, March 19 at 6 p.m. PT. Jim will draw the winners at that time. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

14 comments:

Molly said...

Thanks for the book, Lesa. I am so excited to receive it in the mail next week.

Congratulations to Joanne for being the winner of Plum Spooky!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Molly! And, I know it's going to a good home. Enjoy!

caryn said...

I really enjoyed Murder on the Eiffel Tower. I thought it was a great first book for a series.
I've not read the new Cara Black though I have enjoyed others in the series.
Caryn

Lesa said...

Thanks for the plug for the books, Caryn! I appreciate it.

Serena said...

congrats to the winners.

Meljprincess said...

Thank you, Lesa, for the chance to win either of these books. They both sound wonderful.
LOL! I would pick Paris in the springtime though.

Mel K.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Serena! You're always so generous with your congratulations. One of these times, it will be your turn to win.

Lesa said...

Ah, me too, Mel. Me too.

Dree said...

I am putting my name in for both. I read your comment to me too late for the last contest. Thanks.

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Dree! And, good luck!

Pam said...

Ohh....I entered. Thanks so much!

Diana D said...

I so enjoy a good mystery. Thanks for having the wonderful giveaway.

dianad8008 AT gmail DOT com

Lesa said...

Pam & Diana - Thanks for entering. There will be a new contest posted late tonight - autographed ARCs from The Hot & Cold Mystery Tour.

ZESTYWONDERLAND said...

2 more wonderful books I would love to read!
I sent emails to enter for each one!
Thanks!