Sunday, April 05, 2009

Sunday Salon - Book Plans for April?

We've talked about the fiction titles coming out in May, but haven't discussed book plans for April. Sunday Salon is the perfect time to do that. Do you have any special books, conferences, or authors you're going to see in April? If you're an author, are you touring this month?

I have an exciting month ahead. Laura Lippman is appearing at my library, the Velma Teague Branch Library in Glendale, AZ, on Monday at 2 p.m. She's touring to promote her latest bestseller,










Life Sentences. I need to finish the book today, so I can review it.





Donis Casey is very popular with the book discussion group at my library. She'll be
returning to the library on Wednesday, April 22 to discuss her latest Alafair Tucker mystery, The Sky Took Him.












I have a little work ahead of me. I'm excited about that project. I'm going to interview three of the nominees for the Edgar Award for Best First Novel by an American Author. So, watch for interviews with Tom Epperson, author of The Kind One, David Fuller, author of Sweetsmoke, and Justin Peacock, who wrote A Cure for Night. Coming shortly to this blog!

I have a review to finish for Mystery News, and a pile of books to read for them. I have to finish Liars Anonymous by Louise Ure. Today, I ran out and bought Jeffrey Cohen's latest Double Feature mystery, A Night at the Operation. And then..., and.... April is going to be busy, and fun.

What are your book plans this month?

12 comments:

Frances said...

I can't wait to get my hands on the new A.S. Byatt book this month. Wish I could say I have plans as well thought out as yours but I am such a random reader.

Today I am starting The Believers by Zoe Heller. High hopes. Happy reading!

Lesa said...

And, happy reading to you, too, Frances. Your plans show high expectations for your reading! I'm usually a more random reader as well, but some of these books had to be scheduled.

Yvonne said...

I want to get Jeffrey Cohen's new book too. They didn't have it on Friday when I looked.

Wanted to let you know that I just gave you another award, please stop by and check it out :)

Beth Groundwater said...

I'll be attending the Pikes Peak Writers Conference the last weekend in April where I'll hobnob with fellow writers, published and not, editors and agents, and sign my books on Saturday afternoon during the mass signing. I'm really looking forward to it! If anyone else is interested in attending, go to: http://pikespeakwriters.com/ for information.

Amy said...

April is very bookish for me with the readathon and LA Times Festival of Books!

Lesa said...

I've started Jeffrey Cohen's book, Yvonne. It looks like it's another good one. I hope you can find it soon.

And, thank you so much for the award. I appreciate them, since you take time to notify everyone, and read my blog regularly. Thank you.

Lesa said...

Beth! It sounds like fun, spending so much time with fellow writers. Enjoy it! Thanks for dropping by.

Lesa said...

Oh, Amy. The LA Festival of Books. Someday, I'll get there. And, is that the 24 hour readathon? I really admire those bloggers who participate in it. I couldn't do 24 hours - getting too old.

Kerrie said...

Thanks for the note about the new Laura Lippman, Lesa

Ormand said...

I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.


Kaylee

http://www.craigslistposter.info

Lesa said...

Kerrie,

It's going to be interesting to hear Laura Lippman talk about it today. Sometimes my view changes after I hear someone talk about a book, and I look at it from a different viewpoint.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Kaylee. I hope you come back to my blog.