Monday, October 19, 2009

Anthony Award Winners

I missed the announcement of the Anthony Awards at Bouchercon this weekend. Here are the award winners.

Best Novel: The Brass Verdict, by Michael Connelly (Little, Brown)

Best First Novel: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, by Stieg Larsson (Knopf)

Best Paperback Original: State of the Onion, by Julie Hyzy (Berkley)

Best Short Story: “A Sleep Not Unlike Death,” by Sean Chercover (from Hardcore Hardboiled, edited by Todd Robinson; Kensington Publishing)

Best Critical Non-fiction Work: Anthony Boucher: A Biobibliography, by Jeffrey Marks (McFarland & Company)

Best Children’s/Young Adult Novel: The Crossroads, by Chris Grabenstein (Random House)

Best Cover Art: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, designed by Peter Mendelsund and written by Stieg Larsson (Knopf)

Special Service Award: Jon and Ruth Jordan


Congratulations to the winners!

2 comments:

♥Jen♥ said...

I was so, so tickled to be there for these awards! It was a lot of fun. S.J. Rozan was a fabulous toast master, and the best part? Getting to congratulate Chris, Jon & Ruth, and Sean in person. I think I'm still on Cloud 9!! :) Whatda ya say, Lesa? Wanna "meet me in St. Louis" in 2011? ;)

Lesa said...

I'm still so jealous, Jen. Someday I'd love to make Bouchercon. I don't know if next year will be the year or not. Someday, I'll meet you there, Jen!