Thanks to le0pard13 at Lazy Thoughts From a Boomer for presenting me with the Kreativ Blogger Award. Before I dig into my life to try to find seven more things I haven't yet told you, here are the rules for the award.
1.Thank the person who gave this to you.
2.Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3.Link the person who nominated you.
4.Name seven things about yourself that no one would really know.
5.Nominate seven "Kreativ Bloggers."
6.Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
7.Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know you nominated them.
I've already done the first three. Now, here are seven more things about myself. (sigh) I don't really like to talk about myself that much!
1. I saw John Paul II at Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C. when he first came to this country. They only allowed students and invited guests on campus, and, since I was a grad student, I had a front-row view.
2. My sister and I were lucky enough to tour the White House gardens on one of the two days of the year they were open during the Carter administration, and we saw Amy Carter coming from the tennis courts.
3. I saw Taming of the Shrew performed at the Folger Shakespeare Library.
4. Jim and I went to see Barack Obama when he toured for his book tour for The Audacity of Hope. When he shook my hand, he asked my name. (Every author should be left-handed as he is, so he could sign books and shake hands at the same time.)
5. I won a coloring contest as a kid. Here's a question. What kind of first prize is a hair dryer?
6. I'm from a small town that had a great little newspaper for years, covering all kinds of events. For instance, it included my surprise birthday party when I was in third grade, listing all of the girls that attended.
7. I won $60 at Bingo once, and got up and walked away with it.
I'm going to post links to seven blogs I'd nominate for the Kreativ Blogger Award. Maybe you'll check out these blogs. I'm not going to make them post seven items because, as much as we like the awards, it's hard to continue to come up with them. So, here are my seven blogs, and congratulations to all of these award winners! If you choose to accept the award, and post, great!
http://readingforsanity.blogspot.com - All of the reviewers on this site, especially because they recently reviewed a favorite of mine - The Scarlet Pimpernal by Baroness Emmuska Orczy.
redladysreadingroom-redlady.blogspot.com - a new favorite.
http://albertthecat.blogspot.com - If you're a cat lover, there's nobody any funnier or cuter than Albert.
http://bermudaonion.wordpress.com - Bermudaonion's Weblog for a fellow reader and blogger, who I've come to see as a friend.
http://www.mysteryloverskitchen.com - To all of the authors of Mystery Lovers Kitchen for a combination of food, recipes, cozy mysteries, and friendship!
luanne-abookwormsworld.blogspot.com - To Luanne, another blogging friend!
And, I'm going to cheat here, and pass this award to any of the other bloggers who read this, and care to accept it. You're all #7. I read so many blogs, but know that some people have the time to pass on the award, and others don't have the time. So. here's your Kreativ Blogger Award. Congratulations for taking time to talk about books, popular culture, and our world. (And, Jen, I know Michael already gave you this award, or you would have been #1 on the list.)
Thanks, Michael. And, congratulations to everyone!
REVIEW: “Start With Why” by Simon Sinek - Most companies do not start with Why they do what they do. Instead, they tell us What they do, and How they do it. As such, they do not succeed where those...
24 minutes ago