Thursday, April 22, 2010

Winners and Give Me a "C"

Congratulations to the winners of the two contests from the past week. Talitha L. of Phoenix, AZ will received The Desert Hedge Murders by Patricia Stoltey. Susan Cummins Miller's Quarry will go to Alexa W. from Birmingham, AL. Copies of Amy Dickinson's The Mighty Queens of Freeville will be sent to Jerrie S. of Kent, WA and Gwen R. from Osage City, KS.

This week, it's a "Give Me a C" Contest, with authors whose last names begin with "C". Maybe you want to win Laura Childs' Tragic Magic, a story of murder in New Orleans just before a horror convention. Two shop owners are assisting with the conversion of an old mansion for the event. Carmela Bertrand, owner of Memory Mine scrapbook shop, and her best friend, Ava Gruiex, owner of Juju Voodoo, hope to find the killer who threw their client's flaming body from Medusa Manor. With DiscordaCon, and a big Galleries & Gourmet celebration, no one wants the moneymaking events ruined by murder.





Or maybe you'd like to win Joanna Challis' traditional mystery, Murder on the Cliffs. It marks the debut of a new series, featuring Daphne du Maurier as an amateur sleuth. When the young woman is walking on the cliffs of Cornwall, she stumbles across the drowned body of a woman. As the daughter of a famous man, Daphne is welcomed into the mansion of the dead woman's fiancé. When the death is proven to be murder, Daphne is even more intrigued. It's a story she might be able to use as inspiration for her writing.

Would you like to win Murder on the Cliffs or Tragic Magic? You can enter to win both books, but I need separate entries for each. If you'd like to win one, email me at Email me!. If that link doesn't work for you, the email address is: lholstine@yahoo.com. Your subject line should read either, Win "Tragic Magic" or Win "Murder on the Cliffs." Your message should include your mailing address. Entrants only in the U.S., please.

The contest will end Thursday, April 29 at 6 p.m. PT. The winners will be selected by random number generator. The winners will be notified, and the books will go out in the mail on Friday. Good luck!

6 comments:

Patricia Stoltey said...

Congratulations to your winners, Lesa. I'm extra glad I followed my Google Alert over here because I hadn't heard of the new Joanna Challis series. Very intriguing (and a great cover). And Laura's plot line sounds excellent. More books for my TBR stack (which is growing very tall again). :)

Lesa said...

Like you, Patricia, I have an enormous TBR pile. I'm glad you followed that Google Alert as well, if you found a couple new books for that pile.

Nature Photos and Quotes said...

I regularly review the Child books and love all of her series. I stumbled on the Challis mystery featuring Daphne du Maurier and I loved it. I'm a sucker for books featuring characters who were famous authors in their own lifetime. Besides the story takes place in Cornwall, one of the places where I worked as a librarian -- and all these years later my favorite place. Du Maurier is considered a national hero in that part of England, and her own novels are exquisite. I assume this will be a series and I can't wait for the next one.

Lesa said...

I had forgotten, Judy, that you worked in Cornwall as a librarian. Someday, you'll have to tell me more about it. Everything I've read indicates that Challis is going to write a series. Thanks!

Bev Stephans said...

Joanna Challis's book really intrigues me as I am a life-long fan of Daphne du Maurier. I think that I have read everything she wrote. One of my favorites is a non-fiction book called, "Vanishing Cornwall". She describes the changes in the shire and not for the better, but for the worst. I highly recommend it.

Lesa said...

Thank you, Bev. I hope you entered your name in the drawing. Just send me your mailing address. Email me at lholstine@yahoo.com.