Sunday, December 26, 2010

Jim Born and My Christmas Gift

I'm sure you're curious as to how author Jim Born relates to my Christmas.  Jim was the keynote speaker at the Desert Sleuths Write Now! 2010 Conference in August.  He's the author of numerous books, including, under the name James O'Neal, The Human Disguise and Double Human.  And, he's also  a Special Agent with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement. 

Jim and I sat together during the conference.  When he learned I had five cats he told me five is OK, but if I had seven, the cops would start taking note.  I put that on my blog when I reported on his appearance at the conference.

My family remembered.  Oh, did they remember!  I had a cat-filled Christmas, with knickknacks, a sweatshirt, a pin, a plaque, and a shirt.  So, here's my Christmas shirt.  But, I still only have five cats!


So, thanks, Jim.  My family had a great time with that comment.


12 comments:

Ingrid King said...

Love the shirt! And I love the photo of you having fun with your kitties even more. I'm so glad you had a good Christmas.

James O. Born said...

Glad you heeded my warning.

Happy Holidays.

Jim Born

Lesa said...

Thanks, Ingrid! You're one of the people I knew would appreciate that shirt, and the cats.

Lesa said...

Hey, Jim.

I'm a good citizen. I listen to the cops.

Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Inside A Book said...

Now that is GREAT!!! What a clever family to remember as well. Kudos to them for clever gifting! I wonder if that applies to books??

I hope you and the kitties had a Merry One. Wishing you a grand 2011.

Page said...

I love the shirt. As someone who has two cats, we really have 4 exponentially.

Beth Hoffman said...

LOL ... Oh, Lesa, that T-shirt is a riot! I laughed out loud when I read what it said.

Lesa said...

Inside a Book,

My family is wonderful when it comes to gifting, but they don't even try to get me books. Instead, I give them gifts of books, and my mother receives my personal "Book Gift of the Month." I send her one every month.

The cats and I had a wonderful Christmas. They've been full of spirit.

Lesa said...

That's true,Page. Sometimes it seems as if there are much more than really live in the house. Great, aren't they?

Lesa said...

Isn't it great, Beth? My mother gave it to me, but they all remembered what Jim said. Even Jim's aunt gave me a sweatshirt with cats on it.

Kris said...

lol - sounds like your family had fun shopping for you this year.

Lesa said...

My Mom and sister are exceptionally good gift shoppers, Kris. And, it doesn't hurt that my mother volunteers at a very good hospital gift shop.