Thursday, July 21, 2011

Winners and Crime in the Northwest

Congratulations to the winners of the last contest. Alafair Burke's Long Gone will go to Sandi L. from Monroeville, PA. Fallen by Karin Slaughter heads to Karen B. of Bloomington, MN . I'll put the books in the mail tomorrow.

This week, I'm giving away two mysteries set in the Northwest. Since J.A. Jance just appeared at our Foothills Library, I have an autographed first edition of the latest J.P. Beaumont mystery, Betrayal of Trust. Beaumont, an old friend of the governor of Washington State, takes on a touchy case. It seems the governor's grandson has a video on his cell phone, a video that appears innocent, until it turns deadly, and becomes a snuff film  When the teen denies any knowledge, the governor turns to Beaumont for help.



Or, if you prefer Alaska over Washington, you could enter to win Dana Stabenow's Whisper to the Blood.  A gold mining company is buying up land inside Alaska's biggest national park, making residents uneasy. The company's new spokesperson might be popular, but she can't make her case before there are two murders. Add those murders to a series of attacks on snow mobilers, and part-time P.I. Kate Shugak has her hands full.

Do you want to head to Washington or Alaska for your armchair travel? You can enter to win both books, but I need separate entries. Email me at lholstine@yahoo.com.  The subject lines should read, either "Win Betrayal of Trust" or "Win Whisper to the Blood".  Include your name and mailing address in the body of the email.  Entries only from the U.S., please.

The contest will close Thursday, July 28 at 6 PM PT when I'll draw the winners using a random number generator.  The books will go out in the mail on Friday.  Good luck!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Both sound really good!!

Lesa said...

Good luck, Karen!

Liz V. said...

Have sent emails, but Alaska sounds so good right now.

Lesa said...

It probably does to almost everyone in the country right now, Liz.

Kevin R. Tipple said...

In for Jance. Never have read Stabenow.

I need help---in so many ways. Do they ever do Celebrity Book Rehab?


Kevin
http://kevintipplescorner.blogspot.com/

Lesa said...

Ah, Kevin. I know you do. I wish they did Celebrity Boo Rehab.

Elizabeth C. Main said...

I can't pass these up. I've heard both authors give great presentations at conferences. Not only that, but I just returned today from a trip to Alaska, so I'm in the mood for Stabenow. Also, on the ferry, I was talking to the woman at the next table about how much we both enjoy J.A. Jance's work. Liz M.

Lesa said...

Perfect timing for this contest for you then, Liz. Good luck. I hope you had a wonderful Alaskan trip. And, you found a fellow reader! That's always nice.

Jeff Rivera said...

Wow!I think this is great.

Lesa said...

Thanks, Jeff!