Tuesday, March 20, 2012

New Arrivals

Up at 3:30 yesterday morning so I could write a blog for next week for my friend, Kaye Barley. Not her fault, but the ideas were rolling around in my head, and I couldn't sleep. Skipped lunch to work on cleaning my office, so I didn't even have that time to read yesterday. I'm reading a wonderful book, and I can't wait to share it with you, but I won't finish it until tonight. I certainly wasn't going to stay up to finish it after being up so early!

So, what are you getting today? Something I normally share on Facebook, the new arrivals in my mailbox at home, seven new books. I have to admit I'm most excited about Barbara Taylor Bradford's Letter from a Stranger since I requested it from St. Martin's. I hope it lives up to expectations! I also received Michael Lee West's A Teeny Bit of Trouble and two copies of the trade paperback of Julia Spencer-Fleming's One Was a Soldier, all from St. Martin's. From Soho Press, I have Jassy Mackenize's The Fallen and James McClure's The Blood of an Englishman. And, author Gary Buslik sent his novel of "International Intrigue, Pork-Crazed Termites, and Motherhood," Akhmed and the Atomic Matzo Balls. That one looks fun!

Ah, so many books, so little time. And, so little time that you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the next review. I promise it's a good book!

1 comment:

Beth Hoffman said...

I'll be checking back tomorrow to see what book it is!

Hope you get some rest, Lesa.