Sunday, January 26, 2014

Book Chat-Mysteries from Penguin's Berkley Prime Crime & Obsidian

For those of you who love to see Jinx in the book chats, he's all over this one. These are the February cozy mysteries from Penguin's Berkley Prime Crime and Obsidian, and lots and lots of Jinx.




Here's the list of February mysteries from the book chat.

Days of Wine and Roquefort by Avery Aames - 5th Cheese Shop mystery
Poison at the PTA by Laura Alden - 5th PTA mystery
Books, Cooks, and Crooks by Lucy Arlington - 3rd Novel Idea mystery
Murder with Ganache by Lucy Burdette - 4th Key West Food Critic mystery
Throw in the Trowel by Kate Collins - 15th Flower Shop mystery
Scandal in Skibbereen by Sheila Connolly - 2nd County Cork mystery
Town in a Strawberry Swirl by B.B. Haywood - 5h Candy Holliday mystery
The Silence of the Library by Miranda James - 5th Cat in the Stacks mystery
A Tough Nut to Kill by Elizabeth Lee - 1st Nut House mystery
A Tale of Two Biddies by Kylie Logan - 2nd League of Literary Ladies mystery
A Fatal Slip by Meg London - 3rd Sweet Nothings Lingerie mystery
Beewitched by Hannah Reed - 5th Queen Bee mystery

Some of these authors will be doing guest blogs for me in the next couple weeks. Be sure to stop back to read their posts, and participate in a giveaway. When they post, I'll have books to give away!

12 comments:

SandyG265 said...

I've already placed holds on a couple of these at the library.

Lesa said...

Hopefully, it won't be long until they arrive, Sandy!

Beth Hoffman said...

I laughed out loud when Jinx started pushing the book with his paw!

Jane R said...

Looks like I have a lot of titles to add to my book list. Thanks for the update Lesa!

Lesa said...

Oh, Beth. It wasn't an easy book chat to do yesterday. A little too much Jinx!

Lesa said...

You're welcome, Jane. It's a good month for cozy mysteries.

Mark Baker said...

Well, this post just depresses me. It just shows me how far behind I am on some series (12 in the Flower Shop series). There are many of these I've bought the first book and never gotten to or fully intended to buy and start and now I'm multiple books behind.

The exception is Murder with Ganache, which I read and loved this month thanks to an ARC. But now I've got to go back and read the earlier ones in the series.

So many books, so little time, right?

Lesa said...

Totally, Mark. I agree with you, "So many books, so little time." I'm sorry the post depressed you, though. Although, I have to say there are two dozen cozy mysteries in my TBR pile, and that doesn't include everything else I have. I do know though, that I probably have enough books in my house to last me the rest of my life if another one never came out. I just don't want to see that happen, though.

So, good luck with all that catching up, Mark!

Mark Baker said...

Don't worry about it, it's not just your post. I walk into a book store and I start to feel guilty for buying a new book when I am reminded of all the books I have at home I should be reading.

I could go for a year, maybe two, without buying a book and not run out to things to read. And if we got started on the things I'd like to reread....

Lesa said...

I get it, Mark. I even feel guilty when I buy a new book because I don't know when I'm going to get around to reading it.

Melissa @ My Recent Favorite Books said...

I love your videos! They are so cute!

So many great books coming out.
I'm pinning your post to save!

Lesa said...

Thank you, Melissa! I appreciate it.